Get Your House Ready to Show
Every seller wants top dollar for their house, but this is only possible if you carefully take the time to plan and follow our instructions (see our Seller's Guide).
Here are ideas for staging your home in 10 days:
- Keep in mind that the goal is to convert your home into a desirable place for every prospect, and we want to create an Ahhhhaaa!!!! moment when buyers are look at the property.
- Depersonalize your home. We want buyers to say "I love this home, and I can live here!" So please remove all your personal artifacts and give your home a more generic ambiance.
- De-clutter. We collect lots of junk over the years. This is the time to hold a garage sale to get rid of everything that you don't need anymore.
- Make any necessary repairs to the house.
- Make the house sparkle!!!!
- Wash windows inside and out.
- Rent a pressure washer and spray down sidewalks and exterior.
- Clean out cobwebs.
- Re-caulk tubs, showers and sinks.
- Polish chrome faucets and mirrors.
- Clean out the refrigerator.
- Vacuum daily.
- Wax floors.
- Dust furniture, ceiling fan blades, and light fixtures.
- Bleach dingy grout.
- Replace worn rugs.
- Hang up fresh towels.
- Bathroom towels look great fastened with ribbon and bows.
- Clean and air out any musty smelling areas. Odors are a no-no.
- Keep the sidewalks cleared.
- Mow the lawn.
- Paint faded window trim.
- Trim your bushes.
- Make sure visitors can clearly read your house number.
- Check for curb appeal. Ask yourself if the house looks inviting and cozy. OK? We are ready to sell the home.